Boom Truck Training
OSHA Regulation 1926:1412
More than 30 OSHA requirements must be met.
Heavy items can be lifted safely if the boom truck crane is operated properly. Each time the boom lifts a load, its angle changes as it extends, and the crane’s upper deck rotates to swing the load. With that motion, the distance from the load’s center of gravity to the crane’s tipping axis changes. These movements can make a boom truck unstable, especially if the crane’s lift capacity is exceeded. The crane can overturn and the boom can collapse.
This course addresses the risks associated with working near boom truck cranes.
- Perform an operational inspection as required for that piece of equipment.
- Always make sure the weight of the load and rigging is within the crane capacity.
- Use proper blocking methods to adequately support boom sections during disassembly.
- Length: 30 - 60 minutes
- Questions: 10 - 15 questions
- Format: Online
- Lowest industry pricing
- Customized to your organization
- Customized OSHA certificate
- Accessible for one year
- Train from anywhere and on any device
- Unlimited testing
If You Plan to Operate a Boom Truck, Remember...
- Check to see that it has been properly inspected and is certified for operation.
- Perform an operational inspection as required for boom truck cranes.
- Be sure support blocking is securely placed.
- Do NOT operate the crane unless you have been trained and authorized to operate the crane and give signals.
- Do NOT operate the crane unless you and the signal persons are in direct, clear view or in headset communication.
- Always check the weight of the load and rigging. Do NOT lift a load that exceeds the crane’s capacity.
- Always check the wind speed to make sure it is safe for lifting the loads.
- Always use proper blocking methods to adequately support boom sections during disassembly.
- Always warn others of moving and approaching overhead loads.
- If you are working around a boom truck, always obey warning signs, especially those that are posted in critical areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - How long will this course take to complete?
Our courses are set up to take a specific amount of time. Some students may get through the training more quickly, while others may take longer to complete their training. This course will take around 30 - 60 minutes to complete.
Q - Can I take the course from more than one computer or mobile device?
Yes, you can take this course by signing in with your username and password from any location and computer with high-speed internet access.
Q - Will I receive a certificate for this course?
Yes, once you have completed the course you will be emailed a printable certificate. Certificates are created in a pdf format. Users must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader before attempting to download the completion certificate.